You will closely work with the various world-class data driven e-payment related businesses by using the cutting-edge technologies and advanced data solution. E.g., PayPal's GRC (Governance, Risk, and Compliance) Platform, privacies, etc. You will face the complex big data challenges or problems for fin-tech industry domain, which turns the big data to more valuable business insights. You do not only understand the data deeply but also develop the enterprise-level data algorithm and solutions for huge amount of data, various types of data for more business insights with high ATB, SLA, and short TTM.
• Works with PayPal business units and Product Dev teams to design, develop and deliver data solutions on one of the largest data platforms in the world.
• Supports PayPal business units by providing data in a ready-to-use form to data analysts and data scientists for Business insights, predictive analytics, machine learning, etc.
• Owns and is accountable for the design and development of a Data solution feature or a Data Pipeline with high reliability, stability, scalability and performance.
• Design or develop data model and enrich the analytical data sources for further usability and availability by advanced & cutting-edge technology.
• Collaborate with other teams or groups to identify challenges and design solutions
• BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• 6+ years of experience in software engineering.
• 3+ years working in data engineer or a similar role in large enterprise data warehouse team preferred.
• Solid programming/scripting skills, like Java, Scala, Unix/Linux Shell Scripting, etc.
• Good understanding of database principles and SQL beyond just data access
• Good understanding of Data Modelling Concepts, experience with modelling data and metadata to support relational & non-relational database implementations; experience with building Logical and Physical data models.
• Familiar with various big data technologies, open source data processing frameworks. E.g., Spark, Flink, Hadoop, HBase, ElasticSearch, Pig, Hive, etc.
• Good understanding of data processing, data structure optimization and design for high scalability, availability, reliability and performance.
• Good understanding of REST-oriented APIs, understanding of distributed systems, data streaming, Complex Event Processing, NoSQL solutions for creating and managing data integration pipelines for Batch and Real Time Data needs.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Work and collaborate well with executives and customers
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English